Mission Statement – What you do
The Mission of Virginia Christian University is
to glorify the Triune God by providing a higher education of biblical knowledge and spirituality for students who desire to serve the church of God and fulfill the Great Commission of the Lord through the power of the Holy Spirit.
Vision Statement-Where you do
The Vision of Virginia Christian University is
to provide the best training possible for students who are preparing for the gospel ministry in the church of our Lord Jesus Christ and world missions through God the Holy Spirit.
Core Values and Goals
Believing that the Church is constantly in need of a sound ministry, committed to the Bible and the Confessional Standards of the church, VACU is dedicated to the following distinctive principles:
- Belief in the plenary verbal inspiration of Scripture resulting in an inerrant Word as it was originally given by God, and, therefore, the only infallible rule of faith and practice.
- Belief in the Reformed Faith as set forth in the Westminster Confession of Faith, and the Larger and Shorter Catechisms. VACU stands firmly on these historic confessional standards as they set forth the biblical faith. Full subscription to the whole of these Standards is the position of VACU.
- Belief in the Great Commission as the one and only mission of the Church. The Christian individually and in association with others, has obligations to function in all spheres of life by developing and practicing the full implications of the Christian world and life view in every human relationship and in all aspects of life and society under the Lordship of Christ.
- Belief in Dynamic Spiritual Emphasis as a student must be walking in fellowship with God (the Holy Spirit) so that he or she can be taught by the Holy Spirit. The cultivation of the spiritual life is inseparably fused with the scholarly study of biblical and related subjects, thus providing an unusual classroom climate and a distinct theological education. All this is designed to prepare students to communicate the Word of God in the power of the Holy Spirit.
- Belief in Strong Commitment to Missions; VACU is firmly committed to promoting the missionary enterprise throughout the world. This Commitment is demonstrated in a variety of ways that provide exposure for students to the diverse nature of missions and the unique opportunities for career service in missions.
- Emphasis on the practical as well as the theological aspects of ministry. VACU believes that learning “how” to minister is as important as learning “what” to minister, and therefore trains as well as instructs. (Mat.28:19-20).
- Committed to developing students for a ministry and service attitude as evidenced by preparing them both academically and experientially to serve Jesus Christ in the Church and society